These guidelines will help save us time-and you money!
- We ask that you move any odd-shaped or awkward objects such as lamps, plants or swivel chairs before Starving Artists Moving comes to your home. We will take care of all of your boxes and furniture, and we're fast!
- Loose items are difficult to protect and load. We are not liable for open boxes, unpacked miscellaneous items and liquid containers (including propane and gas tanks) and we may refuse to load them onto our trucks.
- All electronics must be properly boxed and sealed to prevent damage.
- Any glass mirrors or artwork must be properly wrapped and packed to avoid damage or shattering. If you only have a couple of these items, we prefer you transport them in your personal vehicle to ensure their protection. We will load and unload them from your car for you.
- Any items with drawers, cabinets, shelves or doors must be completely emptied.
- Small, fragile and valuable items should be labeled "FRAGILE" on the box that contains them.
- Please label the rooms that your boxes will be going to in order to ensure an efficient move.
- We often move lateral filing cabinets and other large specialty items. Please notify us before your moving date of items with challenging size, weight or access.
- Our team will disassemble desks and tables if you don't have the time to do so.
- Your presence is required on your moving date, and if you cannot be there, you must designate someone else to be present. We are professionally trained movers, but need your presence to direct as we unload your belongings.
- Starving Artists Moving prides itself on being owner-operated with a close-knit and experienced crew. We want to get to know you during this exciting experience!
- If we are providing commercial moving services, they typically take more than one day, multiple locations and several contacts. Please provide us with accurate and up-to-date contact numbers, schedules and access routes. We ask that any elevator reservations are made in advance.
- We appreciate any gratuities that may be offered to our experts for excellent service, and they will be split evenly between the crew members that move your items.