These guidelines will help save us time-and you money!
- If you want to save us time, handle some objects yourself. Leave the boxes to us (we’re fast) and take care of the odd-shaped objects – lamps, plants, swivel chairs, etc.
- Loose items are extremely difficult to protect and load. Please keep these to a minimum. We cannot be responsible for open boxes, unpackaged smaller items, plants, and liquid/gas/propane containers, and may not accept them.
- All electronic equipment-TVs under 16 inches, computers, towers, table-top copiers, etc. must be properly boxed. This applies as well to class mirrors and artwork under 24 inches long. If there’s only a few of each of these items, it’s best if they are transported in a passenger vehicle, We are happy to load and unload them for you.
- Please empty refrigerators, steel cabinets and desks. Also, remove small, fragile and valuable items from file cabinets and desk drawers. Please mark all boxes with the room they will be going to. Be sure to mark boxes of sensitive items as “fragile”.
- We regularly move lateral files and various specialized items. Please notify us beforehand of any such objects that are of challenging weight, size, or access.
- We are prepared to disassemble desks and tables if you don’t have the time to do so. Steel shelving units are best left intact.
- Please stand by and direct as we unload. Your presence is important and reassuring.
- Starving Artists Moving prides itself on being owner-operated with a close-knit, experienced crew. Feel free to get to know us as we are working with you.
- Office moves frequently involve more than one day, location and coordinating individual. Please ensure that contact numbers, schedules, access routes and elevator reservations are made in advance.
- If you feel we have made an extra-special effort on your move, we would encourage you to show your appreciation. Any gratuities are split evenly among the crew.